I started Trap shooting around 2009, I instantly fell in love with the sport. Little by little I advanced my shooting by shooting with my brother Matt, participating in Havre Trap Club’s Fall and Spring Leagues, then started competing in ATA Registered trap shoots locally and around Montana. I have shot in many ATA registered shoots since 2009, there have been many great wins and memories. Some of the class wins are highlights that will stick with me forever.
There is no time like the present to start this amazing lifelong sport of Trap Shooting. I only wish I started when I was younger because there are so many opportunities.
Trap Shooting, occasional Sporting Clays, and Upland Bird hunting.
Residence/Hometown: Havre, Montana
Do you give shooting instruction? Yes, I am a 4-H Shotgun instructor and help out at the ladies trap league at my local club.
Home Club: Havre Trap Club
What’s your advice on getting new lady shooters involved?
I try to encourage new shooters male or female to come and give it a try, (I love to see the smiles after they hit their first target). It’s something you can participate in that you can do at your own pace, meet new people, and have fun. One advantage is that at my local club we have several woman shooters and that helps.
What knowledge can you share that would make ladies better shooters?
1. Have Fun
2. Find a gun that fits (try several before purchasing)
3. Good ammo that fits you
4. Don’t be discouraged by others or your scores when you start shooting, once you become comfortable with your gun and shooting the scores will improve.
5. If you want to shoot competitively, jump right in, put your mind into it and you will have a blast!
6. Just like anything: practice, practice, and practice.
- 2014 ATA Montana State Lady I Champion “Singles”
- 2015 First 100 straight in Single Conrad MT ATA shoot
- 2018 ATA Montana State Lady I Handicap Champion and the HOA Lady I Champion
- 2019 Lady Singles champion both days and High overall 574/600 ATA Shoot Great Falls, MT
- 2020 ATA Montana State Lady I Doubles Champion
- 2020 Great Falls, MT ATA shoot, 1st Place Lady each day, 1st Place B Doubles
- 2020 ATA shoot in Kalispell, MT, 1st place Mid Yard Handicap
2020 ATA Montana State Lady I Doubles Champion
2020 Montana State’s ATA High Handicap Champion
2021 Montana State ATA Lady 1 Singles, Doubles, Handicap, All-Around, and High Overall Champion.
2021 ATA Western Zone Lady I Singles, Doubles, and All-Around Champion
2021 Montana State Team -2nd team
What gear do you use?
Hat/No Hat: Hat (usually my Syren Black hat)
Glasses: Pilla eyewear
Ear Plugs: Cutom molded ear plugs
Ammo: Fiocchi, Aguila, B&P
Vest: Yes, my Syren vest
Pouch: On occasions, Syren shell pouch
Attire:Shooting shirts or tank top and capri’s in hot weather and jeans in the cooler weather. In MT you have to bring both with you because you never know what the day will bring.
Shoes: Tennis shoes, unless it’s Pheasant hunting, then Danner hunting boots.