Year Born: 1962
Gun model: Syren Tempio Sporting 12 gauge 30″ barrels
Any modifications: Isis Recoil System and Adjustable Comb
Began shooting: 2006, joined NSCA 2008 as lifetime member
Been married to my husband Charlie since 1981, have a daughter Chastity who is married to David and their son Jaxon, whom I enjoy spending time with and watching him grow. I belong to Preston Gym and enjoy working out. I love shooting, spending time with family. I’ve worked for Talbot County Governement since 1999 and am currently in the zoning and planning department. I have grown up on the Eastern Shore and love being outdoors. I am currently a NSCA Maryland State Delegate and in Master Class.
Residence/Hometown: Preston, MD
Do you give shooting instruction? Yes, I have taken ladies out to teach them the shooting basics
Home Club: Pintail, Schraders, Hopkins, Owens Station
Do you have any special causes? Breast cancer & Ducks Unlimited shoots
Spouse & Children: Charlie Corkell (Husband), Chastity & David and Jaxon Crist (Daughter, husband & grandson), Savannah (my Champagne Lab)
What’s your advice on getting new lady shooters involved?
Demo the Syren guns to see how they are custom made for us ladies.
What knowledge can you share that would make ladies better shooters?
1. Purchase your OWN gun…don’t just borrow one that doesn’t fit.
2. Gun fit – shoot a gun that will fit you.
3. Practice, Practice, Practice
4. Shoot “light” shells – 1150 to 1200 fps
5. Take Lessons from an instructor!
- 20 Gauge All American Team (Lady) 2013 – 2017
- K. All American Team (Lady) 2015, 2016 and 2017
- 12 Gauge All American Team (Lady) 2015 and 2016
- 28 Gauge All American Team (Lady) 2017
- 2016 Southeast Regional Fitasc Lady 1st place
- 2014 US Opens 20 G Lady Fitasc 3rd place
- All State Team Maryland (Lady) 2010, 2011, 2013;
- All Zone Team (Lady) 2012
- Maryland State Lady Champion 2009, 2010, 2011
- US Open Lady 1st in the 12 Gauge event
What gear do you use?
Hat/No Hat: No Hat I like the clip on visors
Ear Plugs: Yes custom molded – made by Granny Sherman with PMS
Vest: Syren vest
Pouch: Syren pouch
Attire: Syren t-shirts and Pro Staff Polo, Jeans or capris – depending on the weather
Shoes: Van tennis shoes for summer and Merril waterproof shoes or boots for winter