Year Born: 1965
Gun model: Syren Tempio Sporting 12g Left Handed
Began shooting: 2004
I started shooting Sporting Clays as a warmup for upland bird hunting when I was introduced to both in my late 30’s by a lady hunting and fishing outfitter. Over the years, clay targets sports has been a major part of my life both recreationally and as a profession equal to our more ‘mainstream’ business of commercial real estate. I’m married to Jon Kruger, who taught me everything I know about shooting, competing and having a good life doing both.
Sporting Clays and FITASC
Residence/Hometown: Franktown, Colorado
Do you give shooting instruction? Yes
Home Club: Kiowa Creek Sporting Club, Bennet, Colorado
Do you have any special causes/charities? SCTP team coach, Word of Honor Fund, Ability Connect Colorado
What’s your advice on getting new lady shooters involved?
Proper gun fit and light ammo along with friends to shoot with.
What knowledge can you share that would make ladies better shooters?
1.Proper gun fit, 2. Proper stance and mount with good gun fit to correct head/eye position/canting problems. 3. Proper eyewear fit after stance/mount/ head correction – eye dominance correction if needed. 4. Light load ammo for O/U and light as can be in an Auto. 5. Independence – her own group of shooting buddies and especially competition squad mates.
- 2020 Colorado State Lady Champion
- 2019 Colorado State Lady Champion
- 2018 Colorado State Sporting and FITASC Lady Champion and Lady HOA
- 2018 Colorado State A Class Sporting Champion and A-Class HOA
- 2010-2016 All American Sporting Clays Team 12g, 20g, 28g
- 2015/16 All American Team FITASC
- 2014 Colorado State Sporting and FITASC Lady Champion
- 2013 FIOCCHI Cup Sporting and FITASC Lady Champion
- 2012 NSCA Inaugural Champions Tour Lady Champion
- 2011 US Open 28g FITASC Lady Champion
What gear do you use?
Hat/No Hat: Yes, Syren hat
Glasses: Liberty Sports Eyewear
Ear Plugs: Molded or Howard Leight
Ammo: Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 1oz, 7.5, 1170fps
Vest: Yes, Syren vest
Pouch: Yes, Syren pouch
Attire: I bring a lot of clothes in my car to shoots for whatever comes up – jackets, shirts, pants, socks, hats, rain gear.
Shoes: Flat heel, comfortable and no open toes.